Thursday, August 19, 2010

HTC Legend - Giving it another go...

Due to my iPhone 3G + iOS4 running like treacle down a hill, I am giving the HTC legend another go. I'm optimistic, as a software update is available which may help improve on my last experience.

Apple have really done their users a disservice with iOS4 on older phones. Given that the older models cannot use any of the new features (apart from the useless and unattractive UI changes) there is no reason the older phone should have such an awful performance degradation.

It is almost as if this line of code is sitting inside the iOS4 source code...

if deviceVersion != "iPhone4":
GoReallySlowMode(True)
SuckLotsOfBattery()
WaitSomeSeconds(Random() * 10)
ThinkAboutDoingSomething()
PretendToDoSomething()
FinallyDoSomething(reallyJerkyMode=True)


In fact... I'm willing to bet it is. Apple is the new Microsoft, using shady business methods in an attempt to force users to upgrade.

Megh.

/rant

2 comments:

Tim said...

All of my 3G owning friends have said the same thing - I'm deliberately holding off updating my OS for that very reason :(

Anonymous said...

"Apple is the new Microsoft, using shady business methods in an attempt to force users to upgrade."

Yes! It annoys me when I still hear around the internet people saying Micro$oft then praising/preaching about Apple. Apple are absolutely ruthless nowadays in pretty much every aspect of their business. Which is fine in the context of big business, but when they take this policy to destroy the 'little people' its too far! (i.e. consumers, reporters, their own fan sites?!, their foreign component producers, etc)

Popular Posts